Monday, March 7, 2011

Ozzy Ozzy Ozzy Oi Oi Oi

After writing a post about NYC, I have decided to write reviews on all the cities I have travelled to. Well maybe not all of the cities, but the most interesting ones. I will start off with the place I have most recently travelled to and that is Sydney, Australia. Although I have been to several cities in Australia, I will just focus on one.


I have been to many different countries and cities but I have always dreamed of travelling to the other side of the world. I didn’t exactly think about the 24 hours travelling time, I guess I thought teleportation was actually possible. Um, teleportation does not exist, surprising I know. This means I had to endure a long painful trip, but hey, I was going to the land down under!

If you are not willing to sit on a plane for at least 20 hours, then forget it. Australia is however, a magnificent place and I recommend popping some pills and dragging yourself onto that plane. I mean who wouldn’t want to hear Australian accents all day? Well, I would anyway.

My first stop in my foreign adventures was Sydney Airport. Exciting I know! It was surprisingly easy to get around Sydney. I was able to take to a train directly to Circular Quay which is where my hotel and many other tourist attractions are located. This is the location of the Sydney Opera House, The Rocks (really expensive shopping), ferry dock, and the Sydney Bridge.

One of my most memorable experiences from Sydney is the Sydney Bridge Climb. As you guessed it, you climb a bridge! The bridge is right above the Sydney Harbour which overlooks the rocks, Circular Quay and the Sydney Opera House. The views are definitely breathtaking but will cost you. You are able to choose the time of your climb, the most popular and most expensive being sunset and dawn. I chose to do the night climb, mostly to avoid the scorching sun, plus I really wanted to wear a ridiculous headlamp. In order to climb you need to go through several steps, one being a breathalyzer. I am not exactly sure why everyone needed a breathalyzer, especially the 11 year old girl but I guess it’s better to be safe than sorry. After spending about an hour going through the briefing process and getting our sexy jumpsuits, we headed to our climb. Before arriving to the top we needed to climb several ladders and squeeze our bodies through extremely tight spaces. I am extremely glad that I am reasonably sized because I didn’t really plan on spending my night attached to a bridge. After climbing what seemed to be a million stairs, I arrived at the top. It was truly breathtaking.

I have way too much to say about this city, but I will shorten it a little. There are many wildlife exhibits in the city. I went to the Sydney Aquarium as well as the Sydney Wildlife World. As you might have guessed it the aquarium contained water creatures! The most interesting thing I saw there was a platypus! I had never actually seen one of these and they were definitely interesting creatures. Wildlife World was right next to the aquarium in Darling Harbour and contained animals native to Australia. I bet when you think of Australia you think of kangaroos and koalas. Yes, there are a lot of these there. Well not in Sydney but in the country. I was able to meet a kangaroo; they are actually amazing creatures. They are surprisingly friendly and quite smart. If I was to steal anything from Australia it would definitely be a kangaroo. I don’t think they have anything in the rule book about keeping kangaroos in your dorm, so I think I will be okay.



Don’t forget to visit the Botanical Gardens and Sydney Opera House, although important to Australia they are not my number one priority but definitely a must. I could probably go on and on about the wonders and amazing attractions in Sydney but you are most likely too jealous to continue reading. I still need to talk about Melbourne and Tasmania, but I will save that for another time.

My words of wisdom: visit Australia, buy an aisle seat on the plane, and save your money!

No comments: